The 2013 awards now feature an International Considerate Hotel of the Year Award and Considerate Accessibility Award
All the Considerate Hotelier Award categories are designed to celebrate the best in environmental, sustainable and socially responsible performance. The ‘Considerate Hotel of the Year Awards 2013’ is once again supported by Gilchrist & Soames Ltd, Gram UK and Beacon Purchasing and is open to all UK hotels; and small accommodation operations ranging from B&Bs and Guest-Houses, to pubs/inns/restaurants with rooms.
The International Considerate Hotel of the Year is open to similar hospitality establishments outside of the UK. The closing date for entries was on Friday, 19 April 2013 and the Award Ceremony will take place on 6th of June 2013 at CH member Landmark London Hotel.
The 2012/13 CH award categories are as follows:
- The highest accolade – ‘The Considerate Hotel of the Year,’ for the best all-round performance – with a special emphasis this year on reducing food waste in conjunction with WRAP
- ‘The Considerate Sustainable Food Award’, supported for 2012/13 by Sustain and Fairtrade.
- ‘The Considerate Green Team of the Year’
- ‘The Considerate Green Champion of the Year’
- ‘The Considerate Small Accommodation Provider of the Year Award’
- ‘National Considerate Supplier of the Year’
- ‘Local Considerate Supplier of the Year’
And for the very first time there will be:
- ‘International Considerate Hotel of the Year’ to embrace CH’s new international outlook and welcome hotels from all around the world to participate supported by Gilchrist & Soames
- ‘Considerate Accessibility Award’ as announced at last year’s Awards ceremony this category aims to encourage hotels to highlight and market the facilities available for wheelchair and other disabilities and providing a quality of life over and above that normally expected as standard
Additionally, the ‘Best Green Marketing Initiative Award 2012/13’ will be presented to the hotel/accommodation operator whose entry, for the above categories, includes the most outstanding green marketing initiative.
Commenting on the launch John Firrell MIH, Executive Director of Considerate Hoteliers said: “We are delighted to have added two new categories this year which truly reflects our future direction. The International Considerate Hotel of the Year supports our intent to widen CH’s horizons and the Considerate Accessibility Award consolidates our belief that being considerate means an all inclusive approach to the care of guests.
Each year, entrants show their innovation, dedication and passion via their ever increasing excellent standard of submissions. I am sure this year will be no different.”
For information on last year’s winners please visit the Considerate Hotelier website