- About Us
- Best Practice
- Contact Us
To reflect the increasingly broad geographical spread of our audience, this year our Green Hotelier Awards are open to hotels all over the world. There will be a winner and two runners up for each of the four regions. We are also hoping to attract entries from hotels of all shapes and sizes - whether you're a rustic island resort or inner city business hotel - if you've got a green story to tell we'd love to hear from you.
Simply download the application form, fill it out and send it back to us by post or email (see form for details). You will need to save a copy of the downloaded form and use the 'add text' button on Adobe Reader to enter your details. If you have any issues you can email for a copy of the form in pdf or Word via email@example.com.
The deadline for applications is 2nd March. Entries must be submitted at an individual property level, whether independent or part of a group. Entries will be judged on how the hotel has addressed energy, water, waste, community and workplace sustainability. Whilst evidence of success in the above categories is important, innovation is also a key factor - we want to find the green pioneers out there!
Let us know you've entered or find out who else is getting involved by following us on Twitter and using the hashtag #GHawards.
Announcing the winners
Winners and runners up will be announced during Responsible Business Week starting on 20th April 2015. Award winners will receive:
The runners up will be featured in an awards round up article on Green Hotelier and receive the opportunity to submit a best practice case study.
*Awards terms and conditions:
1. Awards are open to owners of hotels in each of the four regions, aged 18 years or older, except employees or contractors of Green Hotelier and anyone connected with the promotion or their direct family members.
2. By entering the awards, the participants agree: to be bound by these terms and conditions; that their surname and county of residence may be released if they win a prize; and that the content and images they submit may be used by Green Hotelier for online and social media content.
3. Entrants should follow the instructions carefully in order to enter. Entries received after the specified closing date and time will not be considered, and cannot be returned.
4. Entrants must supply their full name, email address and postal address.
5. Only one entry will be permitted per person, regardless of method of entry. Bulk entries made by third parties will not be permitted.
6. The winning entrant will be the one that in the judges’ opinion is the best.
7. There is no cash alternative and prizes will not be transferable. Prizes must be taken as stated and cannot be deferred. We reserve the right to substitute the prize with one of the same or greater value.
8. Our decision as to the winner is final and no correspondence relating to an award will be entered. The name and county of residence of the winner(s) will be available [by sending a request to firstname.lastname@example.org] within three months of the closing date of the promotion.
9. The winner(s) will be notified by telephone or email within 20 days of the close of the promotion.
10. We reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions or to cancel, alter or amend the awards at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, or if circumstances arise outside its control.
11. If we cannot reach you, or if we have not received a response within 5 working days of the initial date of contact, we may re-offer the prize to a runner-up.
12. We exclude liability to the full extent permitted by law for any loss, damage or injury occurring to the participant arising from his or her entry into a competition or occurring to the winner(s) arising from his or her acceptance of a prize.
13. The awards are subject to the laws of England.