The Lenox, one of Boston's greenest hotels, celebrated Earth Day 2013 with a month-long “Green Dreams” programme
The Lenox Hotel in Boston embraced upcoming Earth Day this year by offering a month-long program of green amenities, services and an overnight package designed to keep Boston green.
Continuing through to April 30, The Lenox Hotel is offering guests a “Green Dreams” package that includes an overnight stay in one of the hotel’s Heaven on Eleven Pure rooms, a sustainable breakfast in City Table restaurant, an eco-tour of the hotel with the property’s Director of Green, access to the hotel’s book lending eco-library and a guaranteed carbon neutral stay. As part of “Give 5% Keep Boston Green,” 5% of revenues from all “Green Dreams” guestroom reservations will benefit The Esplanade Association, which will use the funds to help maintain and improve Boston’s public green spaces.
Daniel Donahue, Vice President and Managing Director for The Lenox, tells guests “Wake up feeling refreshed and guilt-free with our Green Dreams package. We’ll completely zero out the impact of your trip to Boston. By supporting renewable energy and carbon offsetting projects, we will eliminate your carbon footprint and send you a certificate of the pollution mitigated as a result of your choice to stay with us.”
The Lenox Hotel, a three-time winner of the American Hotel and Lodging Association’s Environmental Hotel of the Year award, and one of US News and World Report’s “Greenest Luxury Hotels in America,” offers a bevy of additional unique amenities and services designed to reduce a guest’s carbon footprint on the environment. Guests reserving “Green Dreams” rooms in April can also take advantage of:
- A curbside charging station, The WattStation by GE, in front of the Lenox – all “Green Dreams” guests traveling to the hotel in an electric vehicle will receive a complimentary charge and overnight parking
- Filtered water and ice stations on all floors for guest use
- In-room and lobby recycling bins
- Sustainable breakfast and dinner specials in City Table, where “El Jaguar” from Rao’s Coffee Roasting Co., a Rainforest Alliance coffee, will be served during the month of April
- Organic cocktails and bio-dynamic wines at City Table and City Bar
- Gaia, an organic blend of Peet’s coffee, will also be served in the hotel’s lobby during morning hours throughout the month of April, complimentary for all guests
The Lenox has had a genuine commitment to comprehensive environmental stewardship since The Saunders Hotel Group, which owns the Lenox, launched an innovative environmental program in 1989. Over the last 20 years, The Lenox team has implemented a variety of environmental initiatives including hybrid vehicles, filtered water stations, LED roof signs, waterless urinals and an entire hypo-allergenic floor. Their efforts are both visible and behind the scenes – the hotel started offsetting their carbon emissions as early as 2001 and they partner with local, eco-friendly companies where possible.
In 2011, the Lenox’s accomplishments helped the Saunders Hotel Group win the World Travel and Tourism Council’s prestigious ‘Tourism for Tomorrow Award’ for Community Benefit, and in 2012 Climate Counts ranked Saunders Hotel Group as the number one hospitality company addressing environmental issues.
For more information about the hotel’s numerous green awards and sustainable accolades or services, please visit www.lenoxhotel.com